Translate

Monday 20 August 2018

15mm DAK vehicles

While working on my 20mm DAK forces, I decided to complete a couple of 15mm vehicles too.  I picked up another bargain Battlefront vehicle, an Sdkfz 254 recce vehicle.  This rather unusual vehicle, designed in Switzerland for the Austrian Army in the 1930's, was used by the Wehrmacht in a variety of early war theatres, including North Africa.


I used I-94 iron cross decals, while the vehicle registration plates are from Skytrex.




Then I used one of the spare Forged in Battle Kubelwagens to add a command or artillery spotter transport vehicle to my DAK force.


I still can't get over how hideous the driver of the FiB vehicle is.




Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, Andy, what the hell is that!!!??? ;)

    They look great, but I must admit, I'd never seen, or even heard of, a Sdkfz 254.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack, it's a weird little vehicle. I found out a couple of interesting things about it. Apparently the road wheels could be replaced with rail wheels and was used in anti-partisan operations to patrol the rail tracks. It's also the "freedom tank", used by a Czech guy to carry seven passengers across the border into West Germany and claim political asylum back in 1953.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, it was quite fun to paint and makes a nice little recce unit for my DAK troops.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete