Translate

Monday 20 May 2019

20mm WW2 German armour

I picked up some late WW2 German armour from Early War Miniatures at the Vapnartak show, back in February.


First up, a pair of Hetzer tank destroyers (Jagdpanzer 38s or SdKfz 138/2s).  I did these in an ambush pattern, as this seems to have been pretty common for this vehicle, which seems to have been deployed in hit and run settings.



I haven't decided what unit they will belong to, so no unit insignia as yet.  The version on the right with the commander in the turret will be a platoon command vehicle and I will add a third vehicle to make a platoon.



I think they need Balkan crosses on the rear hull plates as well.




Then for a change, a recce option based on the Pz 38t, an SdKfz 140/1 aufklarungspanzer.  Designed to provide tracked mobility on the eastern front and armed with a 20mm autocannon.



Again, no unit insignia until I decide which unit they will be assigned to.






Nice model, this one seems to be built of the bouncy resin that EWM are using on most of their models, which is nice if they happen to get swept off the tabletop and they seem to paint up nicely.

I've had these models on the painting table for a couple of months now, so it's nice to be able to finish them and put them in storage to make room for more bits and pieces.  I'm having a bit of a tidy up on some 15mm models that need finishing, ahead of a couple of games coming up in the next month or so.

Thanks for looking.



4 comments: