Translate

Thursday 31 December 2020

20mm WW2 German infantry in winter smocks

Another bring and buy bargain, a mixed bag of Caesar WW2 German winter infantry in camo smocks.  The only figures missing were LMG teams, which I made up with some MG34 armed Panzergrenadiers from Raventhorpe.

The platoon with a recce infantry section at the front.  The recce section is painted in all white camo, while the rest wear a mix of white and more regular camo gear, some with white smocks, others white overtrousers.  I notice for the picture that I have managed to put one figure of the recce section in with the HQ section.


The recce section in all white camo - I figured they would get the most suitable clothing to fulfil their role on the battlefield.


HQ section.


Rifleman in mixed camo clothing.


CO, rifle armed so he blends in with his troops.


Similar figure pose in mixed camo clothing.


MG34 and assistant.


Advancing SMG and rifle-armed figures, both in mixed camo clothing.


I still need to add some snow to the bases, I will probably use my favourite recipe of baking powder, white paint and PVA glue.

So, last post for the year.  What a year 2020 has been!  Here is to 2021, new and effective vaccines and the end of Covid-19.  Happy New Year and thanks for looking!

2 comments: