Translate

Thursday 17 June 2021

20mm WW2 Marder IIIM

A Ready to roll version of the Marder III M, the last variant to be produced, effectively a PAK 40 on a Pz 38t chassis, with the fighting deck lowered compared to other variants due to the forward positioning of the engine.


I've painted this using Vallejo Middlestone lightened with Iraqi sand, with stripes of WW2 German field grey mixed with refractive green and Armor brown lightened with light brown.  The brown swatches are overpainted on the green grey, leaving the green grey as margins of variable width.  Tires, gun muzzle, bore and spade blades are black grey, tracks are German camo black brown.  Exhaust is rust, wooden tool handles are new wood.  Vehicle is washed in Agrax Earthshade and dry-brushed with Vallejo Iraqi sand.  Galleria gloss varnish was added as a protective layer before the decals went on, followed by Galleria matt varnish to seal the decals and provide a matt finish.


Decals are from Skytrex.



Crew are from Grubby (Britannia Miniatures range) from different crew sets.  They are painted in a spring oak leaf camo pattern using the Farnsworth guide for paint palate suggestions.




I'll add a second of these next time I order, to give me a Rapid-Fire AT unit.

As ever, thanks for looking.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mr P. I must brush off those stray bits of static grass before I put it in it's box.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Looking good, Andy. Great job on the uniform camo, in particular.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. I really found the Farnsworth guide a big help in understanding what the various camo patterns looked like and when and who wore them. Really useful although the more you read the more variations you find.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
    2. Indeed! I've gotten to the point I don't care anymore and just paint them how I want! ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete