Translate

Sunday 7 March 2021

20mm Late War Falschirmjager supports

Working my way through the Rapid-Fire Arnhem book and the Seelowe Heights scenario book written for use with Rapid-Fire, I realised that my forces were missing a lot of infantry support weapons, especially mortars.  I placed an order with Andy at Grubby Tanks, which was shipped and delivered in less than a week, along with his usual free sample.

First up on the painting table, a pair of 81mm mortars with three man teams.



Next, a pair of beute ex-Soviet 76.2 mm AT guns with 3 crew.






Then, my free sample, a three man command element.


Finally, I remembered I also had a box of Orion Falschirmjaeger, which included these two Kettenkraftrads that I assembled some time ago.  Ideal for towing the door knocker or for transporting command or spotter elements.


Lots more to come as I had to go through the same process for other units including the SS and infantry in greatcoats, as well as more progress on the Christmas builds.  With no shows to go to at the moment and the weather not good enough for outdoor work quite yet, I guess it leaves me more time to work on those part finished projects.

As ever, thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, I'll keep tempting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Will. I still seem to be buying kit faster than I can finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great bunch of additions to the collection Mr C! Really like the ex Soviet AT guns. Good to see Grubby back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr P. Grubby was definitely on form with this order, ordered at the weekend, arrived the following Wednesday!
      Cheers, Andy

      Delete