Translate

Saturday 27 March 2021

20mm Volkssturm 2

 In an amazing bit of model soldier wheeling and dealing, I also split a box of the relatively new Mars Volkssturm with Will, which gave me 20 figures in 8 poses.  I painted these up in a variety of drab civilian colours and pseudo-military colours, plus a couple of Hitler Youth types and another couple as League of German Girls members (thinking of Rebel Wilson in JoJo Rabbit).


What seems to be a typical pose advancing crouched with Panzerfaust over shoulder.


League of German Girls members with Panzerfaust. 


Quasi-military uniformed guys with rifle, some webbing and a slung Panzerfaust.


Advancing, hunched over with SMG - could double as Gestapo or similar.


Rifle armed, gamekeeper or poacher types.


Gents with old WW1 Lewis guns, presumably from a museum.


Hitler Youth types throwing grenades.


SMG armed officer types, would work for Gestapo, SS, police, etc.


I've integrated these with my Pegasus Germans in Berlin figures (sediment's wargame blog: 20mm WW2 Volkssturm) and Underfire Miniatures MG08 on tripod (sediment's wargame blog: 20mm Early WW2 German MG08 team (lockdown 5)), plus a couple of odd infantry figures.  I need to do a three man MG34 team and I'll have enough for 2 full platoons plus supports for BG FotR or 2 battalions for R-F.

Link to Will's half of the box Will's Wargames Blog: Deutsche Volkssturm (willwarweb.blogspot.com)

As ever, thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. Beat me again, nine are painted but not yet posted LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, yours look great. Will add a link.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Great Volksturm figures! I also have the same experience, but with Orion's minis: https://strategistultimaoriente.blogspot.com/2020/02/volks-ans-gewehr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work. I wasn't a fan of the Orion set, but you've done well with them. The Pegasus set was great to paint and these Mars figures were pretty good. I've enough for two platoons for Battlegroup so that will do me for now.

      Thanks, Andy

      Delete
  3. Excellent work Mr C. They remind me of of a chapter in Dan Gibbons book "The God's of Atlantis" where the Germans are desperately defending one of the big Flak Towers against the Russians. Always thought it would make an interesting game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, I've just ordered the book for a read - sounds like a ripping yarn.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed all his Jack Howard books, especially The Tiger Warrior.

      Cheers, Richard P

      Delete