Translate

Friday 22 August 2014

FoW Henschel HS129

I painted this FoW Henschel HS129 for a friend, Phil at the Deeside Defenders club.  This is a nice little model, I think in 1:200 scale.  I sprayed the model in Vallejo grey primer, then the upper surfaces in Model Air Light brown and the underside in sky blue.  Next I picked out the panel edges in Model Air NATO black, which I also then sprayed to form the cammo splodges and used to paint the AT gun, prop bosses and wheels.  Finally, the cockpit canopy was painted NATO black, azure blue and white, while the prop bosses were painted white and red and the AT gun was dry brushed gunmetal.  I finished it off with a coat of matt varnish and picked out the glass in the cockpit with gloss varnish.  I was really pleased with the finish and so, thankfully, was Phil.  I'm looking forward to seeing it when he has put the decals on.

Apologies for the graininess of the photos but I took then on my phone.  As ever, thanks for looking.





3 comments:

  1. Looking good; the camo is very effective. Does it come with a flying base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. Rick, I think it does, Phil was using it on a base on Thursday night - I'm pretty sure it comes with one. There's a hole in the gun pod under the fuselage and the stand has a peg on top - pretty standard FoW stuff I think.
    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete