Translate

Friday 27 May 2016

20mm WW2 Russian Zis 2 and 3

The Plastic Soldier Company ran a VE day sale recently, which convinced me to add some artillery to my WW2 Soviet forces.  I picked up a pack of the Zis2/3 guns and completed two as Zis 2 57mm AT guns and two as Zis 3 76.2mm divisional guns.  I gave the crews of the Zis 2s helmets and Zis 3 crews field caps.  Each gun is based with three crew and I based each fourth crew member and boxes of ammo individually, three per gun, to represent the additional crew option in rules like Battlegroup.  Each sprue comes with spare wheels and barrels to make either gun variant, as well as individual shells, shell cases and small arms (rifles and SMGs).  I have plans to use some of the spare barrels to make into log-built field defences, using bamboo skewers and balsa offcuts.

The Zis 2s, waiting for the fascist armour.



The Zis 3s.



Great models, relatively straightforward and intuitive to assemble, despite the lack of instructions.  A good regular asking price, but in the sale an absolute bargain.  I also have the 45mm AT gun pack to assemble and I'll probably do the same with that kit and assemble 2 as 45mm AT guns and 2 as 76 mm infantry guns.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Great work there- should pick a box up for myself.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I'd heartily recommend them. A great, value for money way to get some artillery on the table. Especially if there's a sale on!

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. They look good Andy. I'm going to do exactly the same mix of guns when I get around to making up my 15mm versions.

    Cheers
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. I saw you had been in touch with Richard C over the JSIIs in early 44. Any chance you will be able to get to Gauntlet this year?

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete