Translate

Wednesday 23 May 2018

15mm WW2 Elephant/Ferdinand

Yet another of the bargain Battlefront WW2 vehicles, this time an Elephant or Ferdinand; I think it all depends whether it has a bow machine gun or not.




I've painted this one as suitable for mid- to late-war eastern, and possibly western front in a base of dunkelgelb (Vallejo Middlestone) with a reticulated pattern of grey/green (Reflective green and Field Grey).  Tracks are a mix of orange-brown and flat brown.  The whole lot was washed with dilute Agrax Earthshade.  Vehicle was dry brushed Iraqi sand to give it a dusty look.





Decals are I-95 from Pendraken.  Aerial is a length of nylon fishing line.







Air intake grills were washed with Nuln oil.





Quite a nice model of the vehicle, should add a bit of Ooomph to my 15mm Germans when needed.  I recently purchased a pair in 20mm from Will, so wonder how long it will take me to a) build them and b) paint them.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one. I'm heading off to Bovington Tank Museum next week and hope to see a real life Elefant (the post Kursk revision of the Ferdinand) currently on loan from the US Ordinance Museum. Considering its built on a Porche Tiger chassis I expect it's something of a beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lee,

      Not sure which day, but I plan to visit Bovvy next week too. Take advantage of the Elefant being on display as well.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete