Translate

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Czech forces

A little help please!  Many years ago now, probably at least 8 or 10, I picked up a 6mm Czech cold war battle group at a bring n buy - no idea where now.  Anyway, most of the models were readily identifiable, but I'd like an opinion on the following models if anyone knows about these things.

No 1 - I think this is a turretless OT-64 - unknown manufacturer
 No 2 is by GHQ, I think it might be a T62A
 No 3 is a Mig 21, but anyone know who makes it with the wheels down
 No 4 is by GHQ and I think a T62, but it is significantly shorter than No 2.
 No 5 is possibly an OT-65 - I think!

Don't know why nos 1 and 2 are painted such a dark colour, either black or so dark green it might as well be black.  I can't find any reference to Czech forces using such a dark vehicle colour.

Anyway, when I got them out of the cupboard they were so dusty I had to rinse them under the tap to see what they were.  With the exception of the Migs, I think I might strip them and repaint to match my other Warpact forces.  If you can help confirm or otherwise on my IDs I'd be grateful.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment