After some sidetracking with USMC forces for 1985, I finally got around to starting work on the Valentine Scissors Bridge. I ordered the models from Heroics and Ros, four Valentine IX tanks (B011) and four Churchill AVsRE with SBG (B054).
First off, I filed off the exturnal fuel tank on the left hand side of the aft superstructure of the tank. Then I filed the locating tab on the end of the SBG. Then I cut the bridge in two across the middle - this is tricky as it is the thickest part of the model. I didn't want to use a saw as I wanted to lose the thickness of the saw blade, so I cut it with a craft knife, remembering my Grandpop's (an old sailor) saying;
"Never cut towards your thumb,
Always cut towards your chum".
Anyway, it worked as I managed to cut it and didn't lose an appendage doing it. I then stuck the two bridge halves together with cyanoacrylate so that the ramp surfaces were showing. I then cut two short sections of styrene strip (.060x.156") and filed notches in the ends - at one end to fit the countours of the front of the tank model and at the other to act as a recess for some wire. The wire is to act as an armature for the rollers which form part of the launch gear.