Translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

D day fortifications in 6mm

I'm in the process of finishing the flocking on some D-day fortifications that I bought from The Baggage Train at the Gauntlet shows back in 2012 and 2013.  I'm getting these ready for a Sword Beach game we're thinking of laying on in November, and of course, the 70th anniversary is next June, just ahead of the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the Great War.

This is, I think, the two part bunker for 20mm AA gun.  I'm planning on mounting a quad 20mm gun in the firing platform.


This is the R622 infantry bunker - I'm thinking of using this for the core of the Hillman bunker complex - for BKCII it should form a large bunker with capacity for a HQ and a couple of infantry stands.


Still working on some AT bunkers, artillery pits and bunkers, observation bunkers and some sections of sea wall in various stages from painted through to still in packets.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Looking really good Andy. Must get around to doing my own soon.

    Cheers

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard. Should have some more ready soon. The Baggage Train range is really nice. Steve Oates is making some nice resin castings.

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are nice castings, as are the Leven Miniatures ones I have still to start. Its good to have so much choice in the market.

      Cheers

      Richard

      Delete