Translate

Saturday 7 September 2013

The Smashes - A one day Dreadball tournament

Having played my first game of Dreadball on Thursday night, which I thoroughly enjoyed, I found myself at the Defenders club this Saturday, taking my place in a 10 team tournament, the "Smashes".  The games I was involved in were all played in a really friendly manner, at least in part because of the large number of us learning the rules.

The Hollywood All-stars played against various forms of rodent, locust and orx, before coming up against another human corporation.  The team name came about as all that came into my head when trying to name them were movie stars, so the team featured strikers named Steve McQueen (captain), George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon, guards named Arnie (nuff said and he did come back after several knock downs) and Bruce Willis, and Jacks named Ben Affleck, Kevin Costner and Yul Brynner.  I suspect the players names says more about my age than anything else.  Needless to say that the captain played a real captains test series and was the highest scorer although George and Brad did sterling work.  Matt spent a lot of time in recovery.  Arnie was initially a bit reluctant to get stuck in, but Bruce's example encouraged him and he was soon dishing out all manner of violence too.  The jacks mainly tried to stand in the way and seemed quite good at that.

I won't say any more about the result of the tournament, modesty forbids!  More details of the games and the views of the manager of the Carbis Bay Buccaneers can be found on Ricks blog via the link below.

All in all a really fun game and a great event.  Thanks to all involved in making the day such a success.  Looking forward to the next time.

http://rgmb-stonebridge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-smashes-2013-brief-report-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment