Translate

Monday 23 April 2018

20mm Late WW2 Luftwaffe air support

I'm still getting ready for the Battlegroup Market Garden weekend, which is coming up in a couple of weeks time.  Late war air support for German battlegroups is restricted to bomb and/or MG armed Bf109s and FW190s.

The Airfix late war Bf109G-6 armed with a single bomb, two underwing MGs and one firing through the propeller. 


This one is painted in light blue, grey violet and black grey.



An Airfix FW190A-5 ground attack version armed with 4 small bombs and one large bomb, plus 2 wing mounted MGs and a second pair of ?autocanons mounted in the nose.



This one is painted in a neutral grey, grey violet and black grey.


Cockpit detail on the FW190.


I thought these guys were wrapped up, but then I realised that Airfix don't supply the swastika decal for the tail, presumably as they are now based in Germany.  So, I will have to source a set of decals with a suitable-sized swastika included to complete them, which is a pain.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with how these have turned out.  Not bad considering I've not built a 20mm aircraft in best part of 40 years.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Turned out nicely. Of course now you've painted them they will never appear on the table, the fate of all new toys. I keep meaning to buy some swastikas for my German Aircraft but never seem to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will. I fear you will be right, although I did manage to get two aircraft on table in one turn, the week before last. Unfortunately, they were not very effective against bunkers, even the Stuka.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete