Translate

Friday 28 June 2019

20mm MDF buildings

I picked up these two mdf building kits at Britcon in Manchester last year.  Relatively straightforward to put together, although there were no instructions and I couldn't remember who sold them, so couldn't check online for instructions.  Still, they went together well and painted up nicely - I've gone with a chocolate box appearance, rather than making them too grubby and war torn.  I also didn't want to spend too much time on them adding extra realism - if I wanted to spend that amount of time, I'd have made a framework from foam board and added the extra touches to that - these were quick and relatively cheap to add some buildings to the available mix.  Each one was built and sized with dilute PVA glue in an evening, left to dry overnight, and painted the next day.


First up, the Boulangerie from the front.



And from the back.



The other building was a straight forward town house, front view.



Back view.



Both buildings.




These make nice additions to my 20mm buildings collection, alongside an Airfix church, brick-built terraced house and factory unit.  I shall look out for some more to add a bit of variety and increase the number of built up areas I can include on the tabletop.


As ever, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment