Translate

Saturday 20 February 2021

20mm Normandy Cromwell platoon

 I bought a pair of Airfix Cromwells on the Bring and buy at the last wargames show I attended, WMMS back in March 2020.  I assembled them over the Cristmas holidays and painted them up recently.  One was built with open hatches and a Matchbox figure used as a commander to provide the platoon command.  The Firefly is a diecast from Clive Dudley.


Command Cromwell.


Other Cromwell.


The pair.  Painted in Russian uniform green, washed in Agrax earthshade and dry brushed in Vallejo Iraqi sand.


The troop.  I shall pick up a Challenger at some point to extend the life of the troop beyond Normandy for Arnhem and the battles for Germany.


The Firefly - this chap has decals for 27th Armoured Brigade, so at some point I might change the decals on the Ready to roll version I completed last year and use this one for the brigade and the other to go with the Cromwells.


I still can't stress enough how great the Airfix Cromwell kit is to assemble.  Compared with lots of others on the market, it wins hands down, if nothing else for the really neat way the tracks are assembled.

As ever, thanks for looking.


4 comments:

  1. Cool stuff, Andy. I’m working on some 15mm British as we speak.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack,

      Cool, look forward to seeing your Brits.

      Keep safe!

      Andy

      Delete