Translate

Thursday 1 April 2021

20mm German Late war PAK 36

I unexpectedly found a Zvezda Pak 36 kit in the stash.  As several of the German OOBs in the R-F Arnhem book have a Pak 36 attached to battalion command groups, I thought I'd try this one in a late war scheme.

Gun is middlestone mixed with Iraqi sand, washed in Agrax earthshade and dry brushed Iraqi sand.  Figures are WW2 German field grey diluted with Iraqi sand.  Black grey boots and webbing, grey violet helmets.  Kneeling crew are from the kit, while the chap struggling with a case of shells is an AB casting I bought at Salute in 2019.


The business end.





This was really quick to assemble and paint and I was really pleased with the results.  I even tried a period feel b&w image.




Thanks for looking.


6 comments:

  1. Turned out nice and something I haven't done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, might keep half tracks and armoured cars at a safe distance, but not a lot else.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, not sure what's going on, I know I left a comment here yesterday... In any case, definitely something you don't see every day, a 37mm ATG in late war, I had no idea. Very relevant as I'm also working on late-war Rapid Fire forces, so I guess I'll be needing some of these now, too.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack, I think the doorknocker might be interesting to use in late war, especially if the rules allow for use of the stielgranate ammunition - gives it a bit of bite at short range but ammo was scarce.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete