Translate

Wednesday 12 September 2018

20mm Desert Ambulance

Another addition to the North African 8th Army force for WW2.  This time the Austin K2 Ambulance from the venerable Airfix RAF Emergency Set.


I assembled this over the Christmas holidays, but didn't get around to base coating it until Easter and only recently finished washing and varnishing, plus adding the striking decals.








This vehicle will provide some medical support to my 20mm 8th Army support, alongside the stretcher bearers and medic from Zvezda, which can be seen here https://sedimentswargameblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/clearing-up-some-20mm-ww2-mini-projects.html


Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great addition to the collection.
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. I must admit it was a bit of a therapeutic process for me, building and painting that one. I had the kit as a kid and built it with my dad, but didn't have the right paints, so finished up using some sort of household paint on it, which was a disaster! All better now.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete