Translate

Sunday 2 September 2018

20mm 25lbrs North Africa

I've been working on some 25lbrs for North Africa, mainly using the PSC set with Morris Quad tows.

Here is a 2 gun section, complete with limbers and Morris Quads.  I've also added a CMP tow vehicle from Anyscale Models as an HQ vehicle or spare tow.


These are painted in desert yellow, washed in Agrax Earthshade and dry-brushed Iraqi Sand.


These 25lbrs were a gift from Ian at the club, spare from his set made up for NW Europe.


The original guns from my set (on left) were assembled as 18/25lbrs for early artillery support, although they were also issued as relatively effective AT weapons, mainly to Australian units.



All the guns, 18/25lbrs on left and later 25lbrs on the right.


18/25lbrs.


25lbrs




I also found some suitable wheels, so made up a second pair of 25lbrs with muzzle brakes, although I've obviously put them in a safe place, as I couldn't find them for the photos.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Nice selection, must have another look at the Anyscale Models selection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will. The CMP came in two halves split down the middle. I thought it might be tricky to get them to match up, but the superglued join matched well and seems pretty robust. I also got a Humber 4wd staff car, which is nice. I'm doing that for NW Europe, alongside a trailer.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. They look the business Mr C.
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete