Translate

Monday 20 July 2020

20mm WW1 dismounted Australian cavalry

I wanted some dismounts for my troop of WW1 Australian Light Horse, so went with the Strelets dismounted Australian Camel Corps figures with a suitable paint job.


The officer figure.




Lewis gunner - not sure if he'd hit anything firing from the hip.





While I was at it, I did a three man Vickers MMG team to provide them with some support.




The command/spotter team is from the mounted Australian Camel Corps Strelets set, with a reclining officer looking through a telescope and a heliograph signaller.




And for support for my British in sun helmets, I head swapped another of the Australian Vickers teams with heads taken from the dismounted Imperial Camel Corps Strelets set.




These came out OK and provide me with the dismounts I need for my HAT figures, as well as some support for the Australian cavalry.

As ever, thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. I do like your job on the bases, and this Australian uniform, splendid units!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I made use of various tufts that I've picked up at shows over the years. Grit for the base is from various scoops that I've collected from a landscape gardener near where I work. Lots of crushed slate, sintered slag and quartz sand, just a case of picking what is the right size and drying it thoroughly.

      Thanks, Andy

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Andy they look great. What paint did you use for the blue/grey shirts? They look spot on!
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard,

      I used a base of London grey with a little bit of flat blue and then highlighted with blue grey with a little bit of flat blue.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete