Translate

Saturday 22 August 2020

20mm WW2 German Mediterranean infantry platoon

I finished up the platoon of Mediterranean infantry (DAK figures painted in a mix of tropical and temperate uniforms).  New figures are at the front, while the test figures I posted earlier are at the back.  I like the motley look that the mix of uniforms give to the unit.  Apart from southern European action, I think these would work well as units defending Tunisia, as well as troops fighting in the Caucasus.

The whole platoon, three rifle sections of 5 men and three MG34 teams, plus a 6 man command team at the back.


Assorted close-ups of the figures.




I shall do another of these at some point and I am also scouring my unpainted figures for troops in greatcoats so I can add some figures in earthy brown DAK greatcoats - those early mornings in the desert can be chilly, while the mountains of Tunisia can be bitter.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Andy, I have some Revell DAK in greatcoats if you need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, thanks Will. My guys are what's left over from the Italeri winter Germans.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Excellent! A very useful unit indeed!
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr P. Hope to get them in action soonish.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete