Translate

Monday 13 August 2018

More 20mm WW1 Turks

I did these figures in a rush for Crisis Point 2018 back in April, but never got around to photographing them until now.  I only found them now as I was looking for a spare place in the trays for the Ottoman Camels.


These are Hat WW1 Turkish cavalry.  Nicely detailed figures, but done in their bendy/bouncy soft plastic.  After a spell in the washing machine, they take the paint well, but sadly, the lances suffer from warping and one or two of the horses stand very lopsided.



They were quite simple to paint and I'm quite pleased with them.



Sadly, from the front the unrealistically curved lance on at least one figure is annoying, but I can live with it.



I also struck lucky at WMMS back in 2017 and picked up a pack of the Hat WW1 Ottoman artillery and heavy weapons.  This meant I now have 4 artillery pieces (2 shown) as well as 8 tripod HMG, some snipers and bomber boys.


Two of the German supplied 10.5cm howitzers, each with 5 crew (including the seated gunner).



Four of the 8 MG08 HMG teams.  I've only used 6 and the other pair may finish up in German hands for WW2 games with some suitable crew swops.



These Maxim HMG teams are from the Strelets Turkish infantry in tropical uniform set and, despite looking unpromising straight from the pack, paint up quite nicely.



A selection of infantry from the Strelets tropical set.  Some nice poses, rather well done and they look fine on the table top.



I'm not sure if the Fez was still worn by officers, but they do stand out on the table top and look the part, so I;m quite happy with them.




These guys were used at Crisis Point and bring my Ottoman WW1 troops up to over 100 infantry, 12 horse cavalry, 9 camel cavalry, 12 HMG, 2 LMG (not enough), 4 10.5cm guns and 2 mortars.  Not a bad little force.  I think I have another box of the Hat Turkish infantry, which I'll use to bring the group up to company/battalion strength, depending on the rules set.


Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment