Translate

Wednesday 29 May 2019

20mm US M10

I picked up this old Armourfast kit from a club member and gave it a little freshen up.  Being an Armourfast kit, there were no crew and the fighting compartment lacked any detail of the gun breach.  I crafted a breach from some leftover sprue and converted three crew members from the Hat WW2 US tank riders set, cutting away their weapons and trying to leave them open handed.



I only added a couple of Allied stars, one air recognition on the turret top and one on the rear of the vehicle.  I figured these were meant to fire from ambush/concealed positions, so the last thing the crews would want would be big white stars on the front or side armour.



I think the rear deck needs some stowage for that lived-in look, so I need to dig out some tarps, boxes, haversacks and fuel cans to make it more homely.




The Hat crew look the part.  The soft plastic of the Hat figures made them ideal to carve and cut, with care, and they fit well into the compartment.



This photo shows the rudimentary breach that I added - it won't pass detailed examination but is fine on the tabletop.




I've got quite a few more US vehicles ready to go, so will hopefully be adding some new photographs soon, although I have several projects on the go, so much depends which I manage to make progress on first.


Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Andy great bit of scratchbuilding getting the breach and crew sorted.
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. I'm getting quite adventurous now with trying to add detailing and mixing and matching figures, especially the plastics. Just been doing head swops on some Volkssturm!

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete