Translate

Friday 29 May 2020

20mm WW2 DAK Pz IV F2 platoon (lockdown 12)

Another part finished project was my Pz IV F2 zug for the western desert and Tunisia.  I started these to take part in the BG Torch campaign, which sort of faded away, so progress ground to a halt.  So I dusted them off, touched up the paintwork, added decals and here they are.

Vehicles are from Early War Miniatures.  Unfortunately, they came with an odd set of tracks, only one set fitting the resin hulls - I assumed the others were off the PzIV D - at least from another PzIV mark anyway.  I did some modifications so they fit the hulls and off we went.  Two were assembled with closed turret hatch, the third was modelled open with a commander in the hatch, to signify the zug commander.


Decals are Skytrex iron crosses, PSC tank numbers and, I think, Flames of War palm trees.  Stowage from Sgts Mess.



Another vehicle in the zug



The commanders vehicle.  I used the Crowood painting guide, which suggests Russian uniform faded with Iraqi sand for the jacket. 




Detail of the zug commander.



Nice vehicles, I'll have to give them an outing, although they will have to watch out for that US artillery if it's a Torch game.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Andy, they look great! And good job with the decals; I hate putting numbers on the bumpy turret sides of the Panzer IIIs and IVs...

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. I use really hot water to soften the decals and lots of Microsol to get them to drape the detail. It's still a pain, but seems to work out ok.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete