Translate

Friday 15 May 2020

20mm WW2 German supply carts, Feldgendarmerie and 75mm IG (lockdown 9)

Languishing at the bottom of the stash for the last couple of years has been a pair of Britannia WW2 German supply wagons.  So, in the spirit of reducing the lead stash, I decided to take out one of it's foundations and get these wagons on the table.

First up, a battalion supply wagon.  Straightforward to assemble, once I'd worked out how it went together.  Quite nice and clean casting, except for the spare wheel hanging from the back of the cart, which took sorting out with some paste.


Spare wheel came up ok once I'd filled the gaps in the spokes.


Quite nice, at some point it would be good to add some chains and swingletrees to the back of the horses to attach to the cart, along with a set of reins.


This is the Britannia platoon supply wagon.  Again, quite a nice casting, except for a bubble in the folded tarp behind the carter.




I also had a Zvezda 75mm infantry gun in the same stash, so assembled it and painted it up as additional support for my early war German force.




Finally, for now, I was given a bunch of painted WW2 Russian infantry by Will at the club, along with some German pioneers and this little group of unpainted Armorfast Feldgendarmerie and motor cycle.  I did these in the dark brown raincoat, to differentiate them from the Britannia figures I posted on earlier.


The motorcycle is a nice model, perhaps with too long a wheelbase, but looks the part.



Not a particularly glamorous assortment of figures, but the supply carts will come in useful in replenishing my late war armour and the Feldgendarmerie in stiffening up the will to resist.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful stands, love the cart and the motorcycle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I was pleased with the way the carts turned out.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete
  2. Excellent, really like the Britannia platoon cart. Have to get myself one of those.
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, useful for Fall of the Reich for Volksgrenadiers and Volksturm.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete