Translate

Friday 14 May 2021

Elefant/Ferdinand heavy tank destroyers

I finished the second Elefant/Ferdinand from the Christmas build.  I did this version in a scheme more common in Italy, with a base colour of Middlestone with Iraqi sand and a web overlay of German field grey with a little refractive green, all washed in Agrax Earthshade and dry brushed Iraqi sand.




Compare with the version more typical of use in Russia, although both will be used together if needed with the open hatched version acting as commander.



I thought I'd try a couple of black and white images as well.




As ever, thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. That looks great Andy! When you say Middlestone and Iraqi Sand do you mean a mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a 2:1 or 3:1 mix of Middlestone and Iraqi Sand.
      I use a dry brush of Iraqi Sand to make the edges pop and lighten the effects of the Agrax earthshade wash. For me, Middlestone is too yellow on vehicles.

      Cheers, Andy

      Delete